Get An Accurate Diagnosis With Digital X-Rays
Digital X-rays are one of the most advanced imaging technologies available today and are a great way to assess your teeth and gums accurately. At Green Grove Dental in St. Albert, we proudly offer our patients three options for digital X-rays.
What are the different kinds of digital X-rays?
- Bitewing – You must bite down on a special paper so the X-ray can show how well your teeth match up. It’s used for spotting cavities in between teeth.
- Occlusal – This is taken with a closed jaw to reveal how your top and bottom teeth line up. It can also show us any abnormalities in the mouth.
- Periapical – This X-ray shows all the teeth in one portion of the upper or lower jaw, from crown to root.
What are the benefits of digital X-rays?
Digital X-rays are non-invasive and produce instant results that you can see on a screen. There are no uncomfortable film packets or messy chemicals to worry about — and there’s no waiting for the outcome! Digital X-rays also emit less radiation than traditional film X-rays, making them a safer option for you and your family.
Who is a good candidate for digital X-rays?
Anyone can benefit from digital X-rays during their regular checkups and cleanings. They can help detect the early stages of cavities, periodontal disease, or other conditions before they become more serious. Digital X-rays are also suitable for kids who may have difficulty holding still for traditional X-rays.
If you’re interested in learning more about digital X-rays, please get in touch with Green Grove Dental today! Our experienced and friendly staff will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about our services.
Contact Green Grove Dental About Digital X-Rays Today!
- Receive a clear and detailed diagnosis
- See images in real-time
- Be exposed to significantly less radiation
- Detect oral issues early
- Avoid more invasive diagnostic procedures!